Multidimensional live reporting drives real actionable insights and a true competitive advantage for the client, a leading US-based global bio-pharmaceutical giant addressing 170 unique markets. This firm sought an efficient and transparent visualization process to support their growing data needs and gain a competitive sales and market advantage using agile business analytics for big data.
- Advanced ETL producing clean, credible data that key stakeholders can rely on.
- Cross module analysis incorporating SAP, market share, patient, and CRM data.
- Granular reporting at Sales Rep and Account levels across 140 individual markets.
- Sales performance and incentive management.
- Actionable insights that drive daily decision making.
- Unravelling and correctly reallocating the performance of their direct and wholesale sales approach.
- Understanding the growing discrepancy of their sales versus target KPIs.
- Growing complexity of using SQL to apply their business logic.
- Frustrations in using a 3rd party data service provider.
- The reactive culture of addressing data validation requests and errors.
- Attrition and turnover on the firm’s development team.
- Explicit lack of confidence in data quality and accuracy by key decision-makers.
Changes in business logic, or requests for different views of the SQL tables, required an extensive development effort, incremental costs, as well as independent data validation reporting tools – making it impossible to foster an agile and responsive service needed to stay on pace with the evolving business landscape. Pomerol Partners, a best in class global data visualization consultancy, first digested the requirements, then wire-framed and implemented a solution in a collaborative technology approach. This allows seamless data preparation and analysis – first visualizing (Qlik) all the data and then transforming (Lavastorm) all of it, with a proof of concept ready and confidence restored in just 20 days.
“Working with consultants who understood our business,
made all the difference.”
—Head of CRM
- Efficiency – Significantly reduced SQL development costs.
- Accelerated ROI.
- Agility – Analysts can now implement immediate changes to input variables and produce accurate current and past data outputs of an assortment of formats, including Excel and Qlik – rather than relying on a 3rd party service provider.
- Transparency – The complementary techniques of the visualization process which highlights data issues in Qlik, with the associated corrected logic in the embedded in Lavastorm not only re-established data trust, but also provided a “whiteboard” view of their data to the business users.