29 July 2019
A data discovery implementation with a world leader in material handling systems.
A leading US-based logistical solutions provider whose state of the art systems help deliver over 40 percent of the world’s retail orders.
This firm sought a transparent visualisation process to highlight stock ordering anomalies, premeditate supply chain snags and greatly reduce the costs associated with delayed product delivery.
- A lack of business trust in the data quality from Excel derived reporting hampering decision making.
- Over-allocation of resources to manual excel data transformation resulting in a lack of time for actual analysis.
- A reliable data platform with transparent business logic to Improve supply chain visibility and drive calls to action.
- A flexible, lean, and cost effective BI platform that allows cross module analysis of SAP data without extensive report building.
With an expert understanding of SAP, combined with a best in class data visualisation ability, Pomerol Partners was able to swiftly identify and address the key pain points within the client’s vast data environment. A production-ready QlikView Application was delivered within 20 days to respond to the urgent business requirement of visualising a fast moving purchase order landscape.
Open Purchase Order
- Full Purchase Order visibility exposing open and incomplete POs.
- Customised business logic allocating actions to incomplete purchasing processes.
- Highlight stock and pricing inconsistencies created between order and delivery.
- Bring purchasing into equilibrium by balancing known and forecast demand with pending supply and target safety stock levels.
- Ensures continuous supply capability, minimised capital held in idle stock and reduced storage costs for over-bought materials.
- Evaluate vendor and buyer performance on a product by product basis.
- Visualise cross module procurement needs across multiple business functions and streamline purchasing.
Supply Chain Visibility
- Assess how vendor performance will impact specific projects downstream based on forecast stock requirements and anticipating supply chain snags.
- Reduce the penalties and costs associated with delayed product delivery.
Combining the latest in-memory BI technologies, and an intimate knowledge of SAP, Pomerol Partners deliver cross module analytical reporting at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional business warehouse solutions.
- Cost vs. Traditional Business Warehouse Solutions – An agile and scalable BI toolkit at a fraction of the traditional software and infrastructure costs.
- Time and Efficiency Gains – Created through automated QlikView reporting and eliminating manual data extraction and report building.
- Business Savings – Improved forecasting ability reducing lost sales caused by supply chain shortfalls.
- Greater supply chain visibility creating opportunities for cost reduction and cost avoidance.