Qlik Acquires CrunchBot and Crunch Data
Qlik recently announced the exciting acquisition of the CrunchBot and Crunch Data’s experienced AI and solution development professionals. The acquisition is identified as a more than solid fit from business and people perspectives.
A Qlik Trusted Extension Developer (TED), CrunchBot is an “accredited AI-powered natural language bot that allows users to interact and understand their data using natural language through Qlik Sense and leading collaboration tools such as Slack, Skype, Salesforce Chat and Microsoft Teams.” CrunchBot builds on Qlik’s open API framework, while also complementing the AI and natural language capabilities Qlik Sense already holds. Users are now able to use voice interaction when exploring data.
CrunchBot is available to customers through Qlik already and will be treated as a value-added solution to the Qlik Sense platform. The product will be named “Qlik Insight Bot” and will be accessible along with the already existing Insight Advisor.
CrunchBot enables users to:
- Ask questions in a conversational manner through the Qlik Sense UI or popular collaboration tools such as Slack, Skype, Salesforce Chat and Microsoft Teams;
- Explore and ask questions of their data through voice interaction with integration to services such as Amazon Alexa;
- Receive robust answers and insights including additional context with auto-generated charts, interpretations, key drivers, period-over-period calculations and predictions for measures;
- Seamlessly dive directly into Qlik Sense analytics apps based on the results, with the context (selection state) retained;
- Leverage unique Natural Language Processing (NLP), which automatically trains itself and tracks user inquiries over time, and Natural Language Generation (NLG) which delivers insights for not only what is happening, but also why – and where to go next.
The acquisition supports Qlik’s impressive movement to improve data literacy across all industries, while also increasing the ability of Qlik customers and partners to leverage data and insights and therefore increasing value.