Case Study: Vendor Procurement
Pomerol work with their client to provide visibility into actual material spend at a vendor level allowing the client to evaluate price increases or potential saving areas by streamlining their procurement process.
- Comparison of unit prices for individual materials compared with the historic prices created problems when being bought from multiple vendors.
- Price comparisons weren’t available.
- Price of the supplying materials proved by the vendors weren’t accessible.
- Couldn’t match off the invoice amount to the PO price.
- Master data, PO and invoicing data extracted from SAP was converged into one report through the display of QlikView.
- Users could drill into specific materials.
- Historical and PO information was available to the client.
- Complete analysis on the spend per vendor could be performed from the vendor.
- Millions of $ were saved as client to purchase from the best priced vendor.
- Questions could be addressed regarding any increases in vendor prices.
- Client could receive and keep track of credit notes where applicable.