With an intimate knowledge of QlikView and a wealth of Big Pharma experience, Pomerol Partners have delivered a market leading platform to visualise and enhance sales performance. Multidimensional live reporting drives real actionable insights and a true competitive advantage for the client, a leading US-based global bio-pharmaceutical giant addressing 170 unique markets. This firm sought an efficient and transparent visualization process to support their growing data needs and gain a competitive sales and market advantage using agile business analytics for big data.
- Advanced ETL producing clean, credible data that key stakeholders can rely on.
- Cross module analysis incorporating SAP, market share, patient, and CRM data.
- Granular reporting at Sales Rep and Account levels across 140 individual markets.
- Sales performance and incentive management.
- Actionable insights that drive daily decision making.
- Unravelling and correctly reallocating the performance of their direct and wholesale sales approach.
- Understanding the growing discrepancy of their sales versus target KPIs.
- Growing complexity of using SQL to apply their business logic.
- Frustrations in using a 3rd party data service provider.
- The reactive culture of addressing data validation requests and errors.
- Attrition and turnover on the firm’s development team.
- Explicit lack of confidence in data quality and accuracy by key decision makers.
Changes in business logic, or requests for different views of the SQL tables, required an extensive development effort, incremental costs, as well as independent data validation reporting tools – making it impossible to foster an agile and responsive service needed to stay on pace with the evolving business landscape.
Pomerol Partners, a best in class global data visualization consultancy, first digested the requirements, then wire-framed and implemented a solution in a collaborative technology approach. This allows seamless data preparation and analysis – first visualizing (Qlik) all the data and then transforming (Lavastorm) all of it, with a proof of concept ready and confidence restored in just 20 days.
“Working with consultants who understood our business, made all the difference.”
– Head of CRM
- Efficiency – Significantly reduced SQL development costs.
- Accelerated ROI.
- Agility – Analysts can now implement immediate changes to input variables and produce accurate current and past data outputs of an assortment of formats, including Excel and Qlik – rather than relying on a 3rd party service provider.
- Transparency – The complementary techniques of the visualization process which highlights data issues in Qlik, with the associated corrected logic in the embedded in Lavastorm not only re-established data trust, but also provided a “whiteboard” view of their data to the business users.